We’re creating a safe place for victims of human trafficking in Southeast Michigan to rediscover their dignity and rewrite the stories of their lives.
Hope Against Trafficking (HAT) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization answering the call for safe housing and restorative support for adult female survivors of sex and labor trafficking in Southeast Michigan. Our program is a 24-month residential program that provides rent-free housing and comprehensive services focused on the physical, mental and individual transformation of these women so they become empowered to thrive once again. This is one of the first programs of its kind in Southeast Michigan.
We Believe LOVE Transforms
Quick Facts about Human Trafficking
- It is estimated that there are 20.9 million victims of human trafficking globally
- Human trafficking is a $150+ billion industry worldwide
- Human Trafficking has been reported in all 50 states and at least 161 countries
- Michigan is one of the top 10 states in the U.S. for human trafficking. It is occurring in every zip code in Michigan.
- As of 2017, over 1,200 women have been identified in Detroit as being trapped in human trafficking.
- As many as 17,500 people are trafficked into the United States annually. About half are minors. 80 percent of them are being exploited as sexual slaves.
- Long-term comprehensive residential programs for rescued women in need of healing and restoration in Southeast Michigan are needed to help women have the courage to escape.
At the core of our objectives is to provide the services to empower women and which include:
- Respond to the physical, emotional and psychological needs of adult female human trafficking victims
- Provide assistance to help stabilize their lives after trafficking through counseling, case management, support systems, temporary free housing, workshops and employment opportunities
- Move survivors towards financial independence through education, job skill development, life skills coaching, goal setting and budget development, and a matching savings program
- Educate survivors of their legal rights within the criminal justice system through advocacy, referrals and accompaniment to relevant services
- Create awareness and training in the surrounding communities to inform the public about how to identify trafficking victims and how they can best support the survivor’s spectrum of needs as volunteers
- Develop and support an advocacy platform at the local and national levels reflecting the challenges and best practices in combating female human trafficking
- Love and give abundantly with a focus on others
- Build a compassionate community of hope and healing with women at the center
- Hold ourselves and each-other in trust and accountability
- Celebrate achievement
- Empower women to build new lives
Together we can bring HOPE against trafficking. HOPE for stronger communities, and HOPE for restoration
Donate by Mail: Checks may be written to Hope Against Trafficking and sent
by mail to P.O. Box 431413, Pontiac, MI 48341
(note: this option saves us credit card fees).
Donate Online: Hope Against Trafficking administers online donations through
a secure, third party resource. Click on a link below to Donate online. We never share your information and your details are secure.
Thank you for your generous support. You make it possible for us to bring
life-saving restoration to individuals affected by human trafficking in the Detroit area.
P.O. Box 431413 Pontiac, MI 48341
+1 248 838 9189
Hope Against Trafficking is a registered trademark of Monarch Wings, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization | © 2017 | All Rights Reserved